English Composition: Research and Writing
This online writing course will help you understand discourse and research writing with the goal of creating solutions to issues within your local community. What sets this course apart is that you won’t be learning about subjects in an abstract sense; instead, you will identify local problems and research real solutions for these problems. To achieve this, you will be equipped with the tools to:
- Create an action-oriented research question
- Make a proposal for your research project
- Perform primary and secondary research
- Design your research project for publication on the Web
- Construct a call to action based on your research
This course is so much more than “just a writing course.” It is a class that will simultaneously ignite your imagination for how you can improve the world around you and give you the tangible tools to see those improvements begin to take shape.